Active and sporty in nature during a walking holiday among others in the nature park Koppány-volgye, Tihany / Balaton or near the Deseda-lake.
Hiking in HungaryRating
Completely cared for and alternate. Meet the fantastic rolling landscape, the hospitality of the people, the Hungarian culture and gastronomy.
8 days, 7 nights, all-inclusive hiking! Look here for availability and the low prices for your trip.
Individually participate in a hiking holiday (group trips), or join the entire hiking association (up to 40 participants).
Do you want to walk on your own without a guide? That is possible too. We facilitate the accommodation, and if you want the hikes (GPX-files or maps) and more.
Exceptional day trips between 15 and 25km. There are shortened routes possible if required.
Beautiful trails full of variety and suitable for the experienced and less experienced hikers.
A day off. Can be spent as needed, such as reading, do nothing, wellness, culture. Ask for it.
Stay in authentic luxury farms, seamlessly connected to the environment, based on a double bed room.
Single rooms or own apartment / studio is possible, book in advance.
The pool is open from May to October.
Transfers to Budapest Airport.
Home, fully taken care of. Nice food, as many Hungarian dishes as possible from regional fair products.
Want to know what other guests found? Then check out our guestbook and convince yourself. Come to Hungary once!
Do you want to meet us anyway? Then come to the Bicycle and Walking fair in Utrecht, NL on 2, 3 and 4 March 2018. Stand number: follows!
If you want to experience a well-organized hiking trip (group tour), the weeks indicated in green are available to you. Do you want to go on your own, or with your own group, click here for free dates and plan your own journey.
Then use this booking form, and mention the discount code: VBK2017.
Of course you can also call us or send a message.
Do you want to book with the whole walking association? Please contact us immediately and we will make an appointment.
Hungary is an outstanding hiking country for a sporting hiking holiday.
Views with stunning panoramics over Lake Balaton. One of the days we can cross the Lake Balaton to the Peninsula Tíhany. Where the enthusiast of art and Souvenirs can enjoy themselves after having made a nice (short) walk. And just enjoy the beautiful view.
Somogy, the name of the province where we mainly walk. The Somogy region borders on the south side of Lake Balaton and has an alternate (hill) landscape with a large wine area. You can go hiking without the barriers of inheritance secrecy, with and without guide. From the lodge you walk into nature. With forests and "wild" animals, you are very likely to see a little deers or black pigs. Hungary has a fantastic healthy country climate and every season has such charms. Choose for a sporty, cozy, well-organized and affordable hiking holiday in Hungary at Artventures.
During your hiking week we will make some beautiful hiking tours accompanied by our English speaking guide(s). If you want to walk without a guide, sign up for the "Hiking holiday without guide" on the booking page below. Each trip has been described, with photos and a height profile.
Hiking trips from 15 to 25 km, or if you wish, you will take half a way if you find the entire route too far. Below one of the (day) hiking trips we do during a hiking holiday. This map is fully interactive including some photos of this tour.
Click on the green dots for more info or pictures of the location.
In addition to some beautiful walks in this beautiful natural park, where you stay during the week, we also go hiking near Lake Balaton, including the Tíhany Peninsula. We also have a beautiful trip near the provincecapital Kaposvár, with the beautiful Deseda lake running around (about 22 km). During a hiking week, you will go on a number of trips, every day in a completely different area. One day we climb something, the other day along a lake, we see a deers, black pigs or beautiful birds and won't forget: the beautiful vegetation along the hiking trails.
Together, with a group and for singles, this trip is low-threshold and suitable for everyone.
Have a whole week enjoying an impressive landscape of calm and natural beauty. Every day we do another beautiful hike with a English speaking guide. Your stay is based on full board at home. - 8 day trip, 7 nights - Transport in Hungary with Minibus or Tourcar to and from the airport and during the week to the hiking routes. Pool with large terrace from which we enjoy a great view over the Koppány valley. Book the holiday week you will not forget soon!
On this page we try to put as much information as possible about the beautiful walking tours that we walk every year in Hungary. We can imagine that you want to know more about certain topics. Then choose a topic below, after which you can read more about it.
If you have more or other questions, please contact us via the Contact form, or call our office in Waddinxveen (Holland).
Walking holidays with guides
In 2018 the following hiking weeks (group travel) are planned. Prices are based on a single booking. If you want to go with a minimum of 5 participants, or with your association in another week then that is obviously negotiable.
|W1: Sunday 15 to April 22, 2018||€ 595,-|
|W2: Sunday 29 April to May 6th 2018 (* May-holiday)||€ 595,-|
|W3: Sunday 13 to May 20, 2018||€ 595,-|
|W4: Sunday 3 to June 10, 2018 (* trip for singles)||€ 595,-|
|W5: Sunday 2 to September 9, 2018||€ 595,-|
|W6: Sunday Sept. 30 to October 7, 2018||€ 595,-|
|FT: If desired > Flight ticket from||€ 100,-|
|TT: Tourist tax p.p.p.n.||€ 1,-|
|AC: Admin./handling fee per booking||€ 20,-|
Walking holidays without a guide
Arrangements from 5 to 11 days, in any desired period (April to October). Including accommodation and breakfast, possibly to book the air ticket(s) and all transfers (from and to the start / end points, and the hiking maps or GPS tracks (bring your own GPS).
Overnight stays from € 65,- (min. 5 participants, otherwise € 75,-). A fully arranged trip of, for example, 7 days (= 6 nights, 5 walking days) will cost you per person only € 475,- (for 2 persons, excluding air travel and transfers). Click here for free dates.
|NG||Hiking arrangement per day, pp.||€ 75,-|
|TF||Transfer Budapest/Somogyaca, p.group||€ 120,-|
|GT||GPS-tracks en hiking maps, p.group||€ 35,-|
|FT||Flight ticket, pp. from||€ 100,-|
|TT||Tourist tax pp.p.n.||€ 1,-|
|AC||Admin./handling costs per booking||€ 20,-|
Delicious pure food
From fresh Hungarian ingredients from the region, tasty meals. Hungarian specialty "pörkölt" is cooked outdoors on a wood fire in a boiler on a tripod.
A holiday with a hiking week (group travel) includes:
- - Flightticket (optional> see terms and conditions)
- - Fuel, Transfers and Transport in Hungary
- - Guided tour of English speeking walking guide(s)
- - Gorgeous walks in a very varied area
- - 1 Day off, at your discretion
- - English speaking guidance
- - All meals at home (Full board)
- - If possible: A day (roundtrip) in Budapest
Here are some pictures of experiences we took during a hiking week.....
Airline tickets to Budapest
Flying to Budapest on Liszt Ferenc Int.Airport (Terminal 2) is possible with the following airlines.
> From London Gatwick with Easyjet
> From London Luton with Wizzair
> From London Stansted with Ryanair
> From Manchester with Ryanair
> From Edinburgh with Jet2.com
> From Dublin with Ryanair or Aer Lingus
We are looking for the best possible airline ticket for your holiday. It depends on which airline has the lowest price. From the airport you will be picked up and taken to your holiday location in Somogyacsa.
Walking without a guide
Discover the caves at Ságvár. Alone or with a group. We also take these obstacles with an organized walking week. You will end up in a completely different area once you have walked through the hill.
Near Lake Balaton is this tower that offers a beautiful view of the lake.
Three types of groups:
1. A hiking association, business trip, family trip, team building, it all can. We have the cooperation and know-how to organise beautiful hiking week's for small and large groups. With our mini-bus or touringcar to or from the airport in Budapest, the driver will be available throughout the whole week. All meals, between a day off with many activities like and Hungarian party-night with live music, or just nothing. It's all up to you. Mail your questions or make an appointment. We have a nice presentation to show on your clubevening (in Holland live, in foreign countries by the internet).
2. Individual booking, where you subscribe for one of the planned weeks. You will be picked up (with the entire group) from the airport in Budapest and you will experience a fantastic walking week together at our location in Somogyacsa.
3. Walking without a guide, whenever you want. Walk in beautiful nature parks in Hungary. If you want, you can make use of our tours and our walking expertise or you go entirely on your own. Its's all of your choice!
Suitable transportation for each walking group. We have 9 person mini buses, or for large groups, a coach.
The Bonbini Bar is the central place during your stay in Somogyacsa. Delicious Hungarian cuisine, a drink and a bite. Breakfast from 8 am and open daily until 11:00 pm. You are welcome!
. . . . and delicious pure food
From fresh Hungarian ingredients from the region, tasty meals. Hungarian specialty "pörkölt" is cooked outdoors on a wood fire in a boiler on a tripod. Of course, vegetarian meals are also possible.
A holiday with hiking week (group trip):
- Flightticket (optional > see terms and conditions)
- Fuel, transfers and transport in Hungary
- Guided tour through English-speaking hiking guides
- Beautiful walks in a varied area
- 1 free day off, at your discretion
- Visit Museum, Lake Balaton / Tihany or Kaposvár
- English speaking management at the site
- All meals at home (full board)
- If possible: one day in Budapest
Come to Hungary for once!
- For up to 12 people, stay in Somogyacsa in authentic Tanya's.
- Up to 40 people, sometimes weeks for singles, stay in a nice hotel in Igal.
- The walkingtrails are for everyone to do well. Average 2 'shoes', 2.5 to 3 mph in rolling landscape.
- We have free Wi-Fi in every room. You may also use our computer / printer.
- Our swimming pool is free to use from May to October.
- We have a central bar > Bonbini inside- and outside bar, open daily until about 11 pm.
Accommodation hiking holiday: You stay in one of our holiday homes, equipped with all luxury, kitchen, bathroom.
- Nice bedrooms with lovely beds and minibar.
- Cozy living room with DVD player, LED TV, and of course Wi-Fi.
- From May to September, you can use our pool.